FOLLOWER'S

November 27, 2010


A MOTHERS LOVE

a little boy came up to his mother in the kitchen one evening

while she was fixing super , and handed her a piece of paper

that he had been writing on .

after his mom dried her hands on an apron ,

she read it , and this is what it said :

For cutting the grass: $5.00
For cleaning up my room this week:
$1.00
For going to the store for you:
$.50
Baby-sitting my kid brother while you went shopping:
$.25
Taking out the garbage:
$1.00
For getting a good report card:
$5.00
For cleaning up and raking the yard:
$2.00
Total owed:
$14.75

well , his mother looked at him standing there and

the boy could see the memories flashing through her mind .

she picked up the pen , turned over the paper he'd written on ,

and this is what she wrote :

For the nine months I carried you while you were growing inside me:
No Charge
For all the nights that I've sat up with you, doctored and prayed for you:
No Charge
For all the trying times, and all the tears that you've caused through the years:
No Charge
For all the nights that were filled with dread, and for the worries I knew were ahead:
No Charge
For the toys, food, clothes, and even wiping your nose:
No Charge
Son, when you add it up, the cost of my love is:
No Charge.

when the boy finished read what his mother had written,

there were big tears in his eyes, and he looked straight at his

mother and said "MOM , I SURE DO LOVE YOU !"

and then he took the pen & in great big letters he wrote :

"PAID IN FULL."

No comments:

Post a Comment